KO faculty represent iSchool at ASIS&T
The Annual Meeting of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) is the premier international conference dedicated to the study of information, people, and technology in contemporary society. Leading scholars and practitioners from around the globe to share innovations, ideas, research, and insights into the state and future of information and communication in play, work, governance, and society.
Professor Carole Palmer and Assistant Professor Jevin West were actively involved in panels, workshops and poster sessions.
- Panel: Responding to emerging workforce demand: Harnessing data center expertise, with Cheryl A. Thompson, Matthew S. Mayernik, Carol Tenopir, Suzie Allard, and James Kreft.
- Panel: Putting research data into context: scholarly, professional, & educational approaches to curating data for reuse. Organized by Ixchel Faniel, with co-presenter David Minor.
- Poster: Profiling open digital repositories in the Atmospheric and Climate Sciences: An Initial Survey. Hou, Chung-Yi, Thompson, Cheryl A., Palmer, Carole L.
- Poster: Site Based Data Curation: Developing a Data Portal for Geobiologists at Yellowstone National Park. Gordon, Sean, Thomer, Andrea K., DiLauro, Timothy, Jett, Jacob G., Fouke, Bruce W., Palmer, Carole L.
- Workshop presentation: Modifying the Eigenfactor Algorithm for improving interpretability at the workshop on “Informetric and Scientometric Research”.
- Panel: Curation and Policy Issues in Collaborative Research Data Management Communities
- Panel: Informetrics, Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, Altmetrics: What Is It All About?