Knowledge Organization researchers honored for recent work
Some awards garnered by Knowledge Organization researchers in 2015:
Associate Professor Allyson Carlyle and the VIEWS2 team earned a President's Award, given by the Washington Library Association (May 2015).
Associate Professor Joseph T. Tennis earned Best Paper in the Theory, Methodologies, Preservation and Standards Track, Digital Cultural Heritage (October 2015).
Research Associate Nic Weber (now an assistant professor at the UW Information School) earned the following:
- Best Paper Award, ASIS&T Scientific and Technological Information Special Interest Group
- Best Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal, Beta Phi Mu
- Early-Career Award, National Science Foundation, Workshop on Sustainable Scientific Software 3
- FORCE11 - Oxford, Travel Award, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- RDA DataSHARE Early-career Research Fellow, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Sustainability in Urban Contexts Early-career Research Fellow, International Social Science Council
Assistant Professor Jevin D. West earned 2nd Place in the WSDM Cup Challenge, Phase 1, Microsoft Research (November 2015).